This workshop is designed for instructors who are new to ELMS or just want to learn more about some of the fundamentals of using the system. No prerequisite knowledge is required. Topics include: managing the navigation menu, creating assignments, entering grades, changing the starting page, and general ELMS navigation.
This is an active workshop where you will have time to work on your own course with the help of instructional designers, so please bring your own laptop or email firstname.lastname@example.org if need us to provide you one.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Request an ELMS sandbox space
- Understand how course members are given access to an ELMS space
- Manage notifications of activity within a course space
- Communicate with students using Conversations and Announcements
- Manage navigation settings for a course
- Create an assignment
- Identify a starting page for a course
- Enter and upload grades for an assignment
Attending this workshop fulfills a requirement for the Launch program.
This event is only open to faculty, students, and staff of the University of Maryland.