Whether you’ve been using ELMS for years or just started and want to dive into more features, there are always more ways to get your ELMS on. Come joins us for a hands-on workshop covering topics such as rubrics and speedgrader, peer review, quiz banks, modules, and design tools.
This workshop is designed for instructors who are familiar with ELMS and are comfortable creating simple assignments, changing the navigation and entering grades. Before the start of the workshop, you will need to request your own sandbox or test space in ELMS. If you do not already have a test course space, go to emt.umd.edu/faculty/createorg.htm and request a test course--you will need this space for this workshop.
This is an active workshop where you will have time to work on your own course with the help of instructional designers, so please bring your own laptop or email email@example.com if need us to provide you one.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Create and attach rubrics to assignments
- Set up assignments for peer review
- Use Speedgrader to expedite the grading process
- Use design tools to set up a home page
- Create a quiz, and describe how a quiz bank works
- Describe how modules can be used to organize material and pre-requisites
- Identify opportunities for quality enhancement using the eLearning Quality Checklist
Attending this workshop fufills a requirement for the Launch program.
This event is only open to faculty, students, and staff of the University of Maryland.