Central to the TLTC’s mission, its Faculty Launch Program provides faculty with a cohesive but customizable series of professional development activities to help them advance their teaching, collect evidence of their effectiveness, and leverage innovative, evidence-based approaches in their classrooms. The Launch Program is completely self-paced, and we expect that most faculty take 2-5 years to finish all of the program requirements. Faculty who satisfy all of the Launch Program activities will receive a certificate of completion from the Office of the Provost.
Watch Ben Bederson, our Associate Provost, get launched into the air...
By participating in Launch you will:
- Attend two TLTC workshops, with at least one from the Diversity & Inclusion series
- Arrange a TLTC teaching observation & consultation
- Complete two online modules:
- OM1 - The Student Experience at UMD
- OM2 - Special Teaching Opportunities
- Attend the TLTC Course Design Retreat
- Attend Launch Pedagogical Technologies Training Seminar
- Participate in a Faculty Learning Community
- Complete at least two additional electives, such as…
- TLTC workshops
- A TLTC Seminar speaker
- TLTC Teaching Portfolio Retreat
- Attend a teaching-related conference
- TLTC Reading Group
Then, finalize and submit your stellar teaching portfolio for feedback from TLTC!